"I like you. I'll gladly sit down and have dinner with you after the race. But when the gun goes off, I pretty much hate you, and I want to stomp your guts out. That's racing." -J Rapp



"the best night of my life.....
...in the most beautiful place on earth"



"It's just one, long, tedious conversation with yourself" -Paula Newby Fraser






"Have faith- trust in the plan - the breakthrough will come. I promise. " Woo




"You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime.” -Mark Allen




“The only time you can be brave is when you’re afraid.”


Monday, April 5, 2010

Week 1 Summary

So after getting home, I was on Vicodin for 3 days, during which I gathered what had happened and what was next. I realized that while I miss training, I am not feeling like my life is over...yes, the challenge of seeing how much I can do with the body I was given may have to be modified, but let's focus on the positive! After scouring Google and Slowtwitch, I think a full recovery with full range of motion is possible--with surgery. Everyone out there that delayed surgery on a broken clavicle states that the one mistake they made was not having surgery sooner. I've never had surgery, so I'm very nervous, but the thought of settling for a shoulder that looks and feels less than it could is more frightening. And so began my search for a good shoulder Orthopedic Doc. After a lengthy search and recommendation from Nate at Endurance Rehab, I was off to see Dr. Amit at Arizona Sports Medicine Center.
Consult was wednesday, March 31, and went great, and he gave me confidence that we can get this behind us with very close to a full recovery and an anatomically correct shoulder. Surgery scheduled for the next morning...1o a.m...lets get it behind us asap so I can start healing!
Jenny and Sophia were both sick (March 31st was her 2nd birthday and she was vomiting everywhere--our bed, her bed, in the car, in the garage--poor thing) and our house was not the place to be rolling me into that equation! Regardless, at home the night before surgery I actually felt okay---Vicodin aided.

No comments:

Post a Comment