"I like you. I'll gladly sit down and have dinner with you after the race. But when the gun goes off, I pretty much hate you, and I want to stomp your guts out. That's racing." -J Rapp



"the best night of my life.....
...in the most beautiful place on earth"



"It's just one, long, tedious conversation with yourself" -Paula Newby Fraser






"Have faith- trust in the plan - the breakthrough will come. I promise. " Woo




"You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime.” -Mark Allen




“The only time you can be brave is when you’re afraid.”


Monday, April 26, 2010

4 Weeks Post Crash...11 Days Post Surgery

4 Mondays ago today I crashed...and my life has done a 180 since then.  I've gone back to my "lazy" days not by choice but  under doctors orders.  In the past few days, my shoulder has become pretty stiff and sore, probably because it's sick of being out of service.  I'm in the Sling all day except for sleeping--I have to because I try to use that arm if it's not immobilized by the sling.  My shoulder is not ready yet...it's hard to judge the healing, but I know that moving at this point will only set things back, so I'm forcing laziness ;)  I've improvised at work and can work reasonably well with my all star assistants!   I did do some cardio (bike, stair machine) over the weekend with no problem...it's going to be a tough road back when the time comes...but first, I need this right arm to extend over my head!
So thats the update!  I took the tape off the site...nicely done surgery site!
Follow up visit is in 2 days..hopefully some post op x-rays to post.
I'm looking forward to making that full 360!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! Once the swelling goes down it will look even better!

    ReplyDelete