"I like you. I'll gladly sit down and have dinner with you after the race. But when the gun goes off, I pretty much hate you, and I want to stomp your guts out. That's racing." -J Rapp



"the best night of my life.....
...in the most beautiful place on earth"



"It's just one, long, tedious conversation with yourself" -Paula Newby Fraser






"Have faith- trust in the plan - the breakthrough will come. I promise. " Woo




"You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime.” -Mark Allen




“The only time you can be brave is when you’re afraid.”


Monday, April 5, 2010

Timeline Summary

Here's Week One Cliff Notes:
Accident: 2 p.m. on Monday March 30, 2010
Drugs: Vicodin for 3 days, stopped April 2
Pain: Gone April 2 except for twinges when I move just wrong.  Felt like the bone was going through my skin for 3 days, but that subsided 3 days out as well.
Sore/Tight: Still Sore/Tight, but getting better every day
Surgery: was scheduled 3 days from the accident...seemed ideal but didn't work out...now the motivator isn't to fight off the pain
Arm condition: Could not move anything until Saturday, April 3.  April 4 I could put on a shirt by my self. April 5 I drove for the first time.
Work:  I was in the office today, April 5, and will visit with some patients tomorrow who need evaluations.
I couldn't wait any longer, so I called Dr Amit's office and made an appointment for Tuesday April 6--I couldn't wait until April 14th to re-eval.  Let's hope he says we can schedule surgery as soon as available.  I also want to jump on the trainer and ride the bike...lets see what is said tomorrow.  Finally, we're going to start some rehab at Endurance Rehab ASAP to keep the rest of me from wilting away.

Next post: report from my visit with Dr Amit tomorrow about new surgery date.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear what he says!! Hope it's positive all the way.

    ReplyDelete