"I like you. I'll gladly sit down and have dinner with you after the race. But when the gun goes off, I pretty much hate you, and I want to stomp your guts out. That's racing." -J Rapp



"the best night of my life.....
...in the most beautiful place on earth"



"It's just one, long, tedious conversation with yourself" -Paula Newby Fraser






"Have faith- trust in the plan - the breakthrough will come. I promise. " Woo




"You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime.” -Mark Allen




“The only time you can be brave is when you’re afraid.”


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 15...Riding, Working, and taking a step back to go forward

So this past weekend I was able to get back on the bike trainer consistently...with 4 hours over the past 3 days.  I mostly rode with no hands on the handlebars, and I also placed a 3 inch "step under the front tire rest, so that the seat position was more comfortable...that worked like a charm!  I've been back at work for the past two days, and outside of some shooting pains in my deltoid from time to time, I've been just fine.  The pain was not severe, but enough to make me take 4 advil and 2 tylenol to  successfully get rid of the pain.  Sophia has landed on my arm a couple of times in the past couple days making it a bit more painful, but I just can't stop playing with her---she's a piece of heaven and lights me up every time she looks at me...I'm in trouble as she gets older!
Surgery is in 36 hours, and oddly enough, I am looking forward to moving on with this...it seems to not get any better pain wise (maybe even a little worse), and looking at the skin "tenting," I doubt this break would form a union on it's own anyways.  My plans are to be back training full steam by June 1...let's hope for that, but I understand that setbacks are possible.  We'll take it as it comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment