"I like you. I'll gladly sit down and have dinner with you after the race. But when the gun goes off, I pretty much hate you, and I want to stomp your guts out. That's racing." -J Rapp



"the best night of my life.....
...in the most beautiful place on earth"



"It's just one, long, tedious conversation with yourself" -Paula Newby Fraser






"Have faith- trust in the plan - the breakthrough will come. I promise. " Woo




"You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime.” -Mark Allen




“The only time you can be brave is when you’re afraid.”


Sunday, April 11, 2010

Paying Homage...

I'm at Day 13...lucky number!   While I'm waiting for this thursday's surgery, I want to pay homage to Jenny...in my somewhat selfish goal of not only competing in an Ironman, but hopefully excelling at it, she has been there to shoulder (great pun!) the burden of the training pre-accident, and now, nursing me along the way.  I am 100% aware that chasing this goal would not be possible without her support.   Tying my shoes, fastening my belt, cooking, cleaning,...the list is long and distinguished.  This individual sport is very much a team effort, and Jenny and Sophia have undoubtedly joined the team I established 10+ years ago when I was racing in the 1990's---my mom and sister Inta!
Jenny, thank you for everything...I hope someday we can celebrate my goal together, and perhaps set new goals along the way whether they are personal or together.
Love, your husband

No comments:

Post a Comment