"I like you. I'll gladly sit down and have dinner with you after the race. But when the gun goes off, I pretty much hate you, and I want to stomp your guts out. That's racing." -J Rapp



"the best night of my life.....
...in the most beautiful place on earth"



"It's just one, long, tedious conversation with yourself" -Paula Newby Fraser






"Have faith- trust in the plan - the breakthrough will come. I promise. " Woo




"You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime.” -Mark Allen




“The only time you can be brave is when you’re afraid.”


Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 18...and Day 1 post surgery

Made it through surgery!  The Interscalene Nerve Block that kept my shoulder and arm numb for 24 hours has now worn off and I wonder if I had surgery or not because so far, the only sign of surgery is the bandages---no pain!  I am keeping a diary of pill taking...it's probably the Percocet working wonders!  The key is always taking the pain pills in a timely fashion..I took two when the nerve block started wearing off, and zero pain!  If the rest goes this smoothly, I'm a happy camper!  So for the next 5 days I am going to do absolutely nothing except watch tv and drink a ton of milk!!  I already feel better than pre-surgery, but that again may be the drugs talking!

This is a link that describes more or less what Dr Amit did for me yesterday:Fiberwire Fixation for Distal Clavicle Fracture.
Aside from healing concerns, I'm hoping my recovery is faster than what I heard coming out of surgery: 3 months!  I feel like I can jump on the trainer today!  Let's hope a) I heal fast , and b) 3 months meant I can get back into training sooner, but at 3 months my shoulder should be back to 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment