"I like you. I'll gladly sit down and have dinner with you after the race. But when the gun goes off, I pretty much hate you, and I want to stomp your guts out. That's racing." -J Rapp



"the best night of my life.....
...in the most beautiful place on earth"



"It's just one, long, tedious conversation with yourself" -Paula Newby Fraser






"Have faith- trust in the plan - the breakthrough will come. I promise. " Woo




"You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime.” -Mark Allen




“The only time you can be brave is when you’re afraid.”


Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 10...tough road ahead!

New News:  My arm feels like it's going to tear off with the loss of muscle tissue from inactivity...the tissue tenting is progressively getting worse and I start to get my "little boy" arm back.  I haven't taken any meds for pain since day 3, but I think I'll be taking at least tylenol later today to help.

Yesterday I did a PT session with Brandon at Endurance Rehab...sounds like my body is holding together well based on the level of exercises I was able to complete---a good sign at least!  We focused on core and legs, well, because, we can't do anything else!

So the big news is my business partner is having some very serious eye issues that started a couple weeks ago.  They attempted laser surgery to reattach a detached retina, but at his follow up today, things did not look good at all because the laser surgery failed to re-attach his retina (and he is losing vision in his right eye).  So he is out for surgery tomorrow (the same surgery Amar'e Stoudamire had last year) and has to lie face down 24 hours a day for 7 days as it heals.  So I am back to work tomorrow, but also have a over filled schedule for monday, tuesday, wednesday for next week before I go in for surgery thursday morning...with the pain I'm starting to experience--I need all the luck I can get!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Erik. A lot is falllng on your shoulders! (Ha,ha - didn't meant it!) I can't imagine tylenol would be of much help. Maybe you can try an anti-inflammatory instead of tylenol. Or have you already gone that route? Can you work on maybe half a Vicodin or don't want to risk it? Just a thought. Stay positive - you will get through this!! I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Mom! Still not taking a thing...if I need it I'll take 2-4 advil/motrin with 2 tylenol, but at the moment, I'm tolerating it. Staying tough! I'm sure I have some Vicodin in my near future.

    ReplyDelete