"I like you. I'll gladly sit down and have dinner with you after the race. But when the gun goes off, I pretty much hate you, and I want to stomp your guts out. That's racing." -J Rapp



"the best night of my life.....
...in the most beautiful place on earth"



"It's just one, long, tedious conversation with yourself" -Paula Newby Fraser






"Have faith- trust in the plan - the breakthrough will come. I promise. " Woo




"You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime.” -Mark Allen




“The only time you can be brave is when you’re afraid.”


Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 8...Making some headway!

Todays Milestones:  It was a good day!

  1. Ortho Doc Appt:  New Surgery Date on Tax Day April 15...17 days post accident...I can't wait to be anatomically correct again!
  2. First day back to work: saw 3 patients...this one-handed thing is gonna be tough for my assistant...I will owe them big time!  As long as I kept my arm in the SlingShot 2, all was good!  The bone "edge" causing the skin to tent lets me know its there whenever I move just wrong.
  3. Drove all over town today no problem...it may seem little, but baby steps!
  4. I rode the bike on the trainer for 25 minutes (no touching the handlebar of course)...big step, as I still have an unfixed broken bone and less than 10 days out from the crash---3 days ago I wondered if it would be months, and it was just days to getting back on the bike...awesome.  I do feel some loss of fitness, but that was an obvious side effect of the last 8 days.  Right now I'm thinking that all I need is clearance from Dr Amit post surgery to be out in the hot summer heat training for AZ IM!  Don't worry, I won't rush it.

I also talked with a new friend of mine Marc Rubin, a local traithlete and co-founder of Tri Scottsdale.  He's battling some major knee issues, more specifically, a full thickness articular cartilage injury to the medial femoral condyle.  The condition is as bad as it reads, and i wish him the best in his battle with this condition that has taken him from elite triathlete/Kona Qualifier/spokesman for the sport to literally searching the world for a solution to his condition...his website/blog is www.10-hours.com...he's just an all around great guy!
So, next up for me is surgery on April 15...stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Good to have the surgery date set! Hurray! There is osme finiteness to it all, instead of just wondering. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My arm is "hanging" in there mom...just barely.

    ReplyDelete