"I like you. I'll gladly sit down and have dinner with you after the race. But when the gun goes off, I pretty much hate you, and I want to stomp your guts out. That's racing." -J Rapp



"the best night of my life.....
...in the most beautiful place on earth"



"It's just one, long, tedious conversation with yourself" -Paula Newby Fraser






"Have faith- trust in the plan - the breakthrough will come. I promise. " Woo




"You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime.” -Mark Allen




“The only time you can be brave is when you’re afraid.”


Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 20...and Day 3 post surgery

So I've made it through the roughest part...the 3 days after surgery where pain can be an issue.  It's actually been much more pleasant than I expected, with less pain post op than I was experiencing pre op.  Kudos to Dr Amit for a job well done and good surgical technique.  His goal, simply, was to stabilize my clavicle with the fiberwire I mentioned in previous posts anchored between my clavicle and the "head" of the humerus.  It's only 3 days post op (still inflammation!), but the "bump" is gone esthetically, and I can only believe that the clavicle is in a more stable and anatomically correct position because it is not as apparent!
So for having just gone through surgery, I'm thinking this was the best approach, and am encouraged!  My secondary concern now is what Dr Amit had told Jenny post surgery...that it will be 3 months before it is healed...I guess I need to get that clarified!   I could honestly jump on my bike tomorrow with how I am feeling, but we gotta follow doctors orders/rehab to know that my clavicle has fixed itself.
Surgery was thursday morning, I took my final Percocet on friday night, and have taken 2 Motrin once or twice for "twinges" that went away almost immediately.  I'm finishing out the Keflex (qid till gone).  Piece of cake!!!
I also took off the bandages today..check out the picture...the incision was from the superior position of my clavicle to the head of my humerus, allowing Dr Amit to attach the fiberwire to the humerus and clavicle.


No comments:

Post a Comment