"I like you. I'll gladly sit down and have dinner with you after the race. But when the gun goes off, I pretty much hate you, and I want to stomp your guts out. That's racing." -J Rapp



"the best night of my life.....
...in the most beautiful place on earth"



"It's just one, long, tedious conversation with yourself" -Paula Newby Fraser






"Have faith- trust in the plan - the breakthrough will come. I promise. " Woo




"You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime.” -Mark Allen




“The only time you can be brave is when you’re afraid.”


Saturday, June 26, 2010

Ready set go!

"ready set go!" always brings a smile to Sophia's (and her papa's) face, and is usually followed by her sprint across the living room, across the grass, or across the couch.  She is a bundle of joy, and it NEVER gets old!

For me, it's ready set go time!  Before friday at PT, we had been working almost 100% of the time on range of motion, and I think we had reached a wall.  So Brandon decided to "dig in," referring to into the muscle attachments of my pectoralis, lat, and trap.  We are about 10 weeks post surgery, and I feel like this muscle work has made the biggest impact on recovery by far.  I could instantly raise my hand straight over head without any pinching, tightness or pain (all of those limited the movement before)---I don't think I could have been any happier!  I also finally got my bike back from the shop after it sat there for 2 weeks waiting for a new crank...I got so fed up with it that I told them to just put a 175mm Easton crank on to replace the 172.5mm crank I was waiting for...ugh!  time will tell if it was a good decision.
Today (saturday) was my first 3 hour ride since the crash (just jumping right back in...maybe not the smartest first ride in 2 weeks!), and I was able to ride for the first time in the aero bars with zero pain, tightness, and I was actually comfortable in the bars!  The clavicle feels strong and I hope this is a permanently good sign!  Now the problem is I have lost all of the endurance I had 3 months ago---at least that's a problem that I can control.  I pooped out about 2 hours into the ride, both from the lack of endurance and the lack of "seat time"---uncomfortable seating set in and made focused pedaling tough!  good news is I will get plenty of seat time from here on out....we are back on the IM training program from Chris!  
Running has been pretty smooth lately as well; I think my shoulder just needs some time to re-adapt to the pounding it takes from running.  For the swim, we'll see!!  I'm going to try it out again this afternoon...hopefully the improvements continue there and then we can really get serious!


No comments:

Post a Comment