"I like you. I'll gladly sit down and have dinner with you after the race. But when the gun goes off, I pretty much hate you, and I want to stomp your guts out. That's racing." -J Rapp



"the best night of my life.....
...in the most beautiful place on earth"



"It's just one, long, tedious conversation with yourself" -Paula Newby Fraser






"Have faith- trust in the plan - the breakthrough will come. I promise. " Woo




"You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime.” -Mark Allen




“The only time you can be brave is when you’re afraid.”


Friday, June 18, 2010

Swim Bike Run??

So a week in review once again...still in PT 3 times a week, with the range of motion coming back steadily!  So much to the point that I've made it into the pool for a dip or two!  Swimming breast stroke is hardly swimming to me, but I'll call it swimming today just so it can one of those "steps" along the way.  On my second trip to the pool, I attempted some "Nemo-like" (one finned) freestyle, and I made it about 300 yards using both arms (well, the right arm was at 50% at most), but, I SWAM THIS WEEK!
Not to outdo myself, I also ran this week!  At our teams track session on wednesday, I ran some intervals and was actually clipping along at a 5:45 min/mi pace---it wiped me out after 8 reps of 250m, but the shoulder held up pretty well.  I ran today (friday) as well...it's good to be running again, but I have a lot of work to do! I RAN THIS WEEK!
The only bad news this week was the bike---the bike is in the shop for a week waiting on a new crank..it's busted and I'm waiting on the warranty replacement  (Easton crank if you are wondering).  So, just when my riding was feeling strong, down goes my pony...can't win em all, but I'll be back with an even bigger purpose next week!
So, we are 9 weeks post surgery...I'm full strength back on the bike, the running will be coming around fast as long as I don't push it over my limitations, and at least I am in the pool, but I have lots to accomplish in the next 150+ days!  Now I feel confident to say....LET'S GO RACING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment