"I like you. I'll gladly sit down and have dinner with you after the race. But when the gun goes off, I pretty much hate you, and I want to stomp your guts out. That's racing." -J Rapp



"the best night of my life.....
...in the most beautiful place on earth"



"It's just one, long, tedious conversation with yourself" -Paula Newby Fraser






"Have faith- trust in the plan - the breakthrough will come. I promise. " Woo




"You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime.” -Mark Allen




“The only time you can be brave is when you’re afraid.”


Tuesday, June 1, 2010

On the Road Again... ;)

We are back in business!  I rode 25 miles saturday, 30 sunday, and 35 monday...out on the road!  It was great to get out early saturday morning, although I am discouraged with our group ride from the Village just to get that off my chest. Guys showed up at 5:30am to ride in a group, and one group literally just took off without waiting for a few of the guys or at least asking/telling that they were leaving..oh well, I guess that's why I like riding by myself--and I train better and improve by leaps and bounds when I'm on my "written" workout versus a "let's see who can go faster" workout at redline.
As it turns out, I have made it back just in time to enjoy the heat.  Sundays ride started at 95 and ended at 104...the "eye sweat" burn is something I don't miss.  I think my sweat is more potent than most---judging by the chin strap on my helmet which is white after a few rides this time of year.
I'm slacking on my shoulder range of motion workouts and strength building as well...I think I need to write it here to make note.  I gotta get back on track as the range of motion coming back is up to me, and the strength will allow the range to stabilize---JUST DO IT!
Aside from that, the shoulder is continuing to improve.  The morning tightness, range of motion, and usability is improving...and heck, we are 9 weeks post crash/7 weeks post surgery, so I'm happy to be on the road at this point.  We still have a long way to go before my range of motion and fracture healing allows for the hard impact of running and the swimming motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment