"I like you. I'll gladly sit down and have dinner with you after the race. But when the gun goes off, I pretty much hate you, and I want to stomp your guts out. That's racing." -J Rapp



"the best night of my life.....
...in the most beautiful place on earth"



"It's just one, long, tedious conversation with yourself" -Paula Newby Fraser






"Have faith- trust in the plan - the breakthrough will come. I promise. " Woo




"You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime.” -Mark Allen




“The only time you can be brave is when you’re afraid.”


Monday, September 12, 2011

Week 5: Last Huge Week in the rearview

Wow, I had to really power through this week to git 'er done!  Every day was a battle...it's tough to look at the week as a whole!  I would think I would just be tanked at this point, but I'm thirsty for more (I must be insane).  Saturday and Sunday capped it off---pretty much hitting it from sun up (or even before), till 2pm each day.  Sunday being Sept 11 helped...I pulled some strength from the meaning of the day to get through the weekend in general, and with 70.3 WC going on in Vegas, the workouts were "nothing" compared to what much of NYC was going through and has been going through since 2001.  That Memorial is amazing...what a way to pay tribute to those who were lost and to their families.

So we've got 25 days to the "Big Dance," but of course my attention right now is on Jenny, Sophia, and the "little guy" who should be showing up any day now...and wow, this is gonna be a roller coaster of a month!  Jenny has been doing great, but she's ready for him to leave his dormitory for sure.  She's been such trooper---pregnant through the summer, dealing with me (or a lack of me), taking great care and nurturing Sophia...Jenny, you are Supermom/wife!

With all of the training I have done this year, it was really really good to get through this week and feel the way I feel right now.   Last week could have really kicked my arse, but it honestly was one of the easier weeks.  The weather "turned" on friday, and our temps are now in the "reasonable" category (but still in the upper 90's)...part of me almost wishes it would stay hot to keep the "acclimatization" factor up, but I think a few good weeks of solid training in a bit cooler temps will help me focus better on quality workouts, and I'm sure I'll reap the benefits of the insane summer of training and heat.   Kenny is off to Kona on Thursday, so I am on my own from here on out---I guess it's time to bear down, focus, and commit to a race plan and look at every workout as a precursor to that plan.  Swims: I'll push the pace, limit the rest; Bikes:  solid W output, and stay committed to the effort, Runs:  work into the pace and suffer a bit to finish stronger and stronger every time....eat well, sleep as much as possible, and welcome our lil' guy into the world when he decides to come visit!!!


Mon
Sep 05
  Bike
48.0 mi
02:42:00
I made this a lot tougher than it should have been by not eating enough before...geez! Kept it EZ with chain tension. Otherwise feeling okay, but of course I've been in this "iron-drug" like state ...I'm ready for whatever you throw my way!
Tue
Sep 06
  Swim
4150.0 yd
01:15:00
done
  Bike
30.0 mi
01:30:00
trainer
Wed
Sep 07
  Run
15.0 mi
01:56:00
tough run...tired from a long busy day. Reminded me of a run last year where I wanted to stop and just take a nap---legs felt good, just pooped out! Walked about 1.5 miles once I hit 15 miles....I was NOT running straight at that point, delirious! Feel good this morning...this weekend is gonna be a good test...need lots of rest in between days
Thu
Sep 08
  Bike
30.0 mi
01:30:00
needed a decent warmup, then 75 minutes straight at 225...no issues
  Run
3.9 mi
00:30:00
felt actually really good off the bike...still feeling the IM fog of course ;-)
Fri
Sep 09
  Swim
4600.0 yd
01:20:00
done
Sat
Sep 10
  Bike
123.0 mi
06:20:00
will send SRM...ride went great! Really feeling the hard work paying off...
  Run
5.0 mi
00:37:18
Legs felt great off the bike, followed plan, able to put down some good effort...HAPPY! Good jog + a bit of walking after...
Sun
Sep 11
  Swim
4500.0 yd
01:30:00
completed..no issues ;-) felt great throughout
  Bike
35.0 mi
02:00:00
kept it EZ, very little effort at all.
  Run
16.0 mi
02:00:00
felt ok, kept it steady, but wasn't chasing a neg. split on this one...ran without a fuel belt and suffered a bit from a little too long between aid...it was hotter out than I thought!
 
LOG Totals
TypeDistanceDurationAvg Pace#Time in Zones
Bike266.0 mi14:0219.0 mph5
Run39.9 mi05:0307:36/mi4
Swim13250.0 yd04:0501:50/100yd3
Total Duration:23:10 12

No comments:

Post a Comment