"I like you. I'll gladly sit down and have dinner with you after the race. But when the gun goes off, I pretty much hate you, and I want to stomp your guts out. That's racing." -J Rapp



"the best night of my life.....
...in the most beautiful place on earth"



"It's just one, long, tedious conversation with yourself" -Paula Newby Fraser






"Have faith- trust in the plan - the breakthrough will come. I promise. " Woo




"You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime.” -Mark Allen




“The only time you can be brave is when you’re afraid.”


Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Life's Treasures...and 3 More Weeks to Ironman Kona 2011!

Wrapping up last week is a little late, but the pictures below should explain why....




Needless to say, life is amazing sometimes.  Andrew is such a little blessing...Sophia has been the bestest big sister, and Jenny is just amazing.  I don't know if things could have gone any better---I told Jenny last week that Sunday would be the perfect day for him to come, and she delivered ;-)  We were back home in no time, and the feeling of having our little family of 4 is so gratifying!  I don't think life will ever get "old" from this point on...driving home from work or workouts is just the happiest time for me...such a simple thing, but I will never take that for granted!  I don't know how I will be away from them for 10 days...that will be the hardest part of the trip for sure.  I've said it 1,00 times already, but not having them there sucks...they've put up with all my "sheit" for over a year now, and the reward for them is that I leave for 10 days?

It's hard to even remember what I did last week training wise, but I've been flying high...it doesn't matter how hard, how long the workouts these days.  The "destination" is so close and I feel very prepared for race day...I feel like I'm in a holding pattern at this point with 16 days to go.  Swim is great, bike is pretty solid, and run is there as well---I'm not going to ask for much more---I'll take where i'm at and work with it come race day.  I imagine at some point I'll suffer from Divine Discontent, but for now, nothing can take away the feeling of becoming a dad again.  I feel like I could "trot" to something in the low 10 hour range, work hard to go sub 10, and if all goes well, go as low as 9:30ish.  Yeah, lower is a pipe dream, weather dependent, and probably out of my wheel house this first time, but I like to shoot for the stars, so we'll have to just see what happens, because I honestly don't have a clue as to how hard the day will be, but I know it will be the toughest day of my life (physically and mentally at least!  what else is there?).  I really noticed improvement in my running endurance on my longest prep run of the year that happened on thursday---I was in a great groove the entire back half of this run, and could have "marathoned" it easily, and it was all uphill!  Winning!  My ride on saturday almost felt like a waste...my rear derailleur crapped out (Di2 wiring issue---junction box issue---Jay's on it!!), so I rode the rear in the 16 ring, and only had the front 53 or 39 rings as options---for 5 hours!!!!  It simply led to too much recovery time during downhill sections....spinning out at 23-24 mph at a 110 cadence became the norm ;-{  it led to a super fast transition run (7 min/mi pace), but it felt like the ride was a waste of time...pray for no mechanicals in Kona for me please!!

Onwards and Upwards!!


DateHLWorkoutLOGComments
Mon
Sep 12
 Swim
2750.0 yd
00:55:00
done
Tue
Sep 13
 Bike
50.0 mi
02:00:00
trainer session done...feeling good!
 Run
7.8 mi
01:00:00
endurance feeling right on, kept it comfortable, and legs felt great off the bike...never better!
Wed
Sep 14
 Swim
3900.0 yd
00:60:00
crushed it ;-)
Thu
Sep 15
 Swim
3000.0 yd
00:50:00
2nd swim of my life starting at 5 am...NOT HAPPY ;-) kidding...all was well, shoulders needed some time to loosen up after last nights swim, and was a bit sluggish in the water...go figure ;-}
 Run
20.1 mi
02:32:00
Felt really good on this! Actually the best I have felt in the last miles...I picked up the pace for a few 5 minute sections in the final 5 miles, and my body reacted very well! Feeling very confident after this one... Average HR: 121
Fri
Sep 16
 Bike
46.0 mi
02:30:00
I had to cut this one short due to lots of things to prep for with the baby due any day....achilles was tight on the L, and it never loosened up so maybe a good call...roller today, and massage tomorrow after the workouts will nurse it better (flush only!)
Sat
Sep 17
 Bike
95.0 mi
05:00:00
Sent u email about this one
 Run
6.0 mi
00:40:00
Awesome run off the bike...settled in to 7:00 pace...wanted to go faster, but followed the plan ;-)
Sun
Sep 18
 Rest
00:00:00
Perfectly scheduled rest day...Jenny had our baby at 9:48am ;-). Perfect!
LOG Totals
TypeDistanceDurationAvg Pace#Time in Zones
Bike191.0 mi09:3020.1 mph3
RestN/A1
Run33.9 mi04:1207:26/mi3
Swim9650.0 yd02:4501:42/100yd3
Total Duration:16:2710

No comments:

Post a Comment