"I like you. I'll gladly sit down and have dinner with you after the race. But when the gun goes off, I pretty much hate you, and I want to stomp your guts out. That's racing." -J Rapp



"the best night of my life.....
...in the most beautiful place on earth"



"It's just one, long, tedious conversation with yourself" -Paula Newby Fraser






"Have faith- trust in the plan - the breakthrough will come. I promise. " Woo




"You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime.” -Mark Allen




“The only time you can be brave is when you’re afraid.”


Friday, October 7, 2011

Kona Bike Setup...For Future Reference?

I took some pics today after the bike was fully set up...maybe for future reference, maybe to be able to recognize changes for down the road...who knows!  There is more on my bike than I have ever had...always hope for no mechanicals, but if tire issues come up, I have a Vittoria Pit Stop on the Top Tube, and a spare tubular tire in the Carbon Wing along with a CO2..pray to the Bike Gods that none of that is needed!  I fooled around a lot race week with different setups, but felt this lines me up best..here are some specifics:

  •  2 rear bottles: 200 cals of EFS in each, with 2 more at Special Needs (800 cals total)...just like IMAZ
  • TorHans 20 Bottle on the Aeros is for water only--half filled to start
  • Aero Profile Bottle will be a "Superbottle"--800+ cals of Liquid Shot/Vitargo Carbohydrate Mix + water to make it a light syrup.
  • I will carry a Pro Bar and have another one in Special Needs (380 cals each)
Total cals for bike:  2360 cals...plenty for me, based on 300-400 cals an hour.  Water for washing down Gel and Pro Bars.

Tidbits:  starting psi 105....tires will heat to 120+ psi on the tarmac ;-)
























No comments:

Post a Comment