"I like you. I'll gladly sit down and have dinner with you after the race. But when the gun goes off, I pretty much hate you, and I want to stomp your guts out. That's racing." -J Rapp



"the best night of my life.....
...in the most beautiful place on earth"



"It's just one, long, tedious conversation with yourself" -Paula Newby Fraser






"Have faith- trust in the plan - the breakthrough will come. I promise. " Woo




"You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime.” -Mark Allen




“The only time you can be brave is when you’re afraid.”


Thursday, August 18, 2011

Catching Up...Week 9 to Kona

Mountain Man Bike

Finishing Up at Mountain Man


With the race on Sunday, I'm catching up here on last weeks workouts...being a taper week, I only put in 11 hours including the race---the next two weeks see an abrupt change to hardcore IM training, with 16+ hours this week, and 21+ hours next week.  The long runs are coming--2 hours this sunday, and 2 hours next wednesday...BRING IT ON!  Getting Mountain Man out of the way, the excitement is starting to build, and of course there are not enough hours in the day to live.  I miss my Sophia as I have barely seen her this week between 3 after work meetings and training till at least 9:30 every night---I don't see that changing over the next handful of weeks, so I am going to cherish every moment I get with Jenny and Sophia, not to mention Jenny is due September 21, and I leave for Kona on September 29--daunting even if it was just for a vacation sitting on the beach drinking Mai Tai's.  Week 9, other than the race, was insignificant--although the taper was again perfect for this race (thanks Chris!!).  I've thought a lot about Mountain Man's run performance, and I have come to realize that my run is just not there yet...the nutrition was a distraction from what was really the issue, honestly.  Chris is in the middle of 4 days straight riding 110 miles/day, so I haven't gotten his feedback yet...Leishia's ("the analyzer") feedback tells me I am progressing well--thanks Leishia!  With the run work coming up, we are working my weakness (still can't believe my run is the weakness!), so I excited to feel the progress in that over the next 2 weeks.  It was the 2 hour runs last year that really created a solid run base for IMAZ; adding the back to back long days on the bike coming as well, and I am starting to "see the light" on having a solid day in Kona---the doubt is slowly leaving the office ;-)



 Bike
01:30:00
some Z3 intervals in this one
Tue
Aug 09
 Run
1:00:00

track workout: intervals
Wed
Aug 10
 Swim
00:45:00

very cool race week workout...ends with SPEED!
 Bike
00:45:00

EZ
Thu
Aug 11
 Rest
Fri
Aug 12
 Bike
01:45:00

woke the legs up with some solid efforts
Sat
Aug 13
 Run
00:20:00

Flagstaff run:  High HR up there!
Sun
Aug 14
 Swim
1.2 mi
00:30:00

 Run
13.1 mi
01:40:00

 Bike
56.0 mi
2:30:00 

No comments:

Post a Comment