"I like you. I'll gladly sit down and have dinner with you after the race. But when the gun goes off, I pretty much hate you, and I want to stomp your guts out. That's racing." -J Rapp



"the best night of my life.....
...in the most beautiful place on earth"



"It's just one, long, tedious conversation with yourself" -Paula Newby Fraser






"Have faith- trust in the plan - the breakthrough will come. I promise. " Woo




"You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime.” -Mark Allen




“The only time you can be brave is when you’re afraid.”


Friday, July 23, 2010

Is 2010 just not the year for me?

So, training is picking up...last night I completed my first "full" swim workout (meaning: regularly scheduled, full distance, good stroke, felt normal!), so I am 100% a go for Ironman AZ barring any natural disasters or other injury.  So talking about natural disasters, the damn dam at Tempe Town Lake broke!  I'll keep my opinion out of it, other than stating that one of the rubberized dams blew up...see photos at this link: Tempe Town Lake Slideshow  They say the lake will be open by November 1st...this race is one of Tempe's main tourist events, so I am sure they'll make a huge push to get the lake ready for the race.  I was planning of competing in 2 races in the lake--one in September and another in October, but those are turning into duathlons...totally different from a triathlon, but we will see if I end up in these two races.  Something competitive will be better than nothing going into IM...I may even have to travel to a far off race to "test" my fitness.

If it's not one thing, it's the other (I can't believe the forces in play this year...geeze!).  Otherwise training is going well...I am back full swing with a sense of urgency, and this dam thing happens...I've told myself to not let it distract me...it's the journey not the destination!  I'm having no problems at all on the bike now (other than the 100+ degree weather) and am in the middle of re-building my base so I can last on the bike for 5 hours...the run is coming back, and I think my legs are very thankful for the rest they've been given over the past 3 months!

t-minus  17 weeks and 2 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment