"I like you. I'll gladly sit down and have dinner with you after the race. But when the gun goes off, I pretty much hate you, and I want to stomp your guts out. That's racing." -J Rapp



"the best night of my life.....
...in the most beautiful place on earth"



"It's just one, long, tedious conversation with yourself" -Paula Newby Fraser






"Have faith- trust in the plan - the breakthrough will come. I promise. " Woo




"You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime.” -Mark Allen




“The only time you can be brave is when you’re afraid.”


Friday, November 19, 2010

2 days...getting into race mode

So I'm up at 4 am by choice..crazy.  Trying to get the body used to race day.  I spent yesterday running around a bit more than I wanted, but the result was I got just about everything done...registered, race wheels in hand, workouts done, ate, muscle "flush", and lots of water ingested.  Still no real nerves to speak of..almost an eery calmness!

It seems like forever since I've been able to come home at the end of a day and just simply relax with Jenny and  Sophia, and I really enjoyed our night of dinner outside with Country music blaring as Sophia played and Jenny and I hung out.  Dinner was spaghetti and a Spinach salad...basic good food!  We then watched Alice in Wonderland---seen it maybe 30 times now, but watching a movie with Sophia is always a great experience to hear her oohs and aaahs no matter how many times we've watched it.  I started putting my gear together, and Sophia joined right in...she loves swim caps and aero helmets!

Then it was bed time, and I still feel unworthy of sleep I guess!  I'm taking half a Tylenol PM to help out, and it seemed to help last night..yay!  I think by todays early wakeup, I should be good to go tonight..I hope!  I have an hour EZ ride today followed by a 15 minute transition EZ run....EZ!  Yesterday was a 2200yd swim followed by an hour run...legs are fully charged and ready to go...I was running 7:30's low in zone 2 with the brakes constantly on in my mind.  I have this delusion that if I get off the bike feeling fresh, I can hold 7:00-7:20 min/miles..we will see about that!  It will all come down to that point where the day is getting long and when it truly becomes a battle to become Iron..."if it was easy, everyone would dod it."   Hopefully that point happens after 16 miles in to the run, but I'm sure it will come more around mile 10, if not earlier.

So I'm heading out for the workouts early, and then off to pick mom up at the airport, otherwise, the legs will be kicked up and relaxing..maybe a few movies in store for us today!  Apple TV here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment